I can easily say over the past couple of years, podcast have consumed a good chunk of my daily schedule. Since I walk roughly 20 minutes to work every day, it’s the perfect opportunity to listen to some podcasts. I’ve been enjoying them so much that I actually listen to them while working out instead of music!
That’s why I decided to share a list of my FAVORITE podcasts :
True Crime – Varying Stories
- Crime Junkie – MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PODCAST! When I first discovered this podcast I had so many episodes to binge which was great! But now I impatiently wait for new episodes to drop every Monday morning. I’ve never listened to a podcast that has had such an engaging host. It’s almost impossible for your mind to wander when listening to Ashley and Brit share true crime stories. Also, every person I’ve told to listen to Crime Junkie has become hooked. So if true crime is your thing, I HIGHLY recommend giving Crime Junkie a listen.
- Moms and Murder – Yes I know this is a silly title, but after I binged Crime Junkie I was on the hunt for any type of podcast that was remotely similar to Crime Junkie. That’s how I stumbled upon Moms and Murder. This one took me a bit longer to get hooked. I think I gave it 7 or 8 episodes before I was religiously binging it and waiting for new episodes to drop every Tuesday morning. Similar to Crime Junkie, the hosts are two best friends who share a new true crime story every week.
- Solve – This podcast is unlike most of the other ones in the true crime category. It’s the first interactive murder-mystery podcast that puts you at the center of the investigation. Each episode, you’ll be assigned a new case, based on real true crimes, featuring one crime and 4 suspects. By the end of the episode it’s up to you to determine who the killer is.
True Crime Series
- Dr. Death – Learn how a medical system failed to protect patients from Dr. Christopher Duntsch. Dr. Duntsch claimed to be the best spine surgeon in Dallas, but many of his patients experienced horrible complications. Follow along on this twisted journey to find out what happened and why it took so long to stop Dr. Duntsch.
- Bad Batch – An investigative series into a stem cell company that offered patients a miracle cure, but instead those patients were rushed to a hospital in critical condition.
- Dirty John – Meet Debra Newell, a successful interior designer who falls in love with a man her family does not approve of. A story filled with a complex web of love, deception, forgiveness, denial, and survival.
- The Dating Game Killer – Uncover the twisted secret life of one of America’s most prolific serial killers, Rodney Alcala. He fooled everyone around him as he committed heinous crime, but listen to find out how he got caught.
- The Shrink Next Door – Meet Ike, the therapist to celebrities, who used psychological manipulation as he defrauded his patients.
- Joe Exotic, Tiger King – For those of you who didn’t watch Netflix’s Tiger King, meet Joe “Exotic,” the Tiger King, his animals, how he earned his nickname, and his outrageous feud with Carole Baskin.
- Up and Vanished – (I’ve only listened to the first season) The host, Payne Lindsey, tackles a cold case about the unsolved disappearance of a Georgia high school teacher, Tara Grinstead. Go along on his journey as he tries to solve this case and see how things unfold in real time.
- Serial – (I’ve only listened to the first season) The host, Sarah Koenig, sorts through thousands of documents, listened to trial testimony and police investigations, and talked to everyone she could find who remembered what happened to Adnan Syed and his ex high school girlfriend, Hae Min Lee. Hae Min Lee disappeared after school in 1999 and her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for her crime.
Fictional Crime Stories
- Full Body Chills– This was a special podcast that was release by Ashley Flowers from Crime Junkie around Halloween this past year. Each episode is like listening to a creepy story that you would tell around a campfire at night. They will be sure to leave you on the edge of your seat!
- Blood Ties – The concept of of Blood Ties is similar to Solve where you have actors playing each character. This podcast tells the story of siblings Eleonore and Michael Richland, who are left to pick up the pieces after their parents’ private plane vanishes en route to a family Christmas vacation in the Caribbean.
Funny/Lighthearted Girl Chat
The following podcast are a great listen if you’re looking for a good laugh and girl chat after all the true crime podcast I just shared.
- Lady Gang – A celebrity driven podcast from Keltie Knight, Jac Vanek, and Becca Tobin where no subject is off limits. Each week, a celebrity guest joins the girls for a raw, honest, and hilarious look at what life is really like under the bright lights of Hollywood.
- Straight Up with Stassi – If you’re a fan of Vanderpump Rules on Bravo, then you know who Stassi is. She’s the sassy, quick-witted host behind this podcast who, like the Lady Gang, never holds back on any topic with her weekly guests.
What are some of your favorite podcasts?