Have you every heard of the app, Flip, that sends you a Flip box filled with clothes to try on and shop? This app is similar to Stitch Fix and Trunk Club where you have a stylist pull items they think you will like, ship it to you, you try it on at home, and you purchase what you want to keep. But this app differs from these two services in a couple different ways.
How Flip Works:
- Download the app and create an account. Set your budget, size, and style preferences.
- Shop styles and vote on looks to earn money towards your next Flip box purchase. The more you vote on other people’s looks, the more money you earn!
- Discover similar products and request a box to try on at home. You can receive up to 12 items in a box.
- Upload photos and ask friends for their advice. You only pay for what you keep and you ship back what you want to return.
- Receive free shipping and free returns.
- There is no subscription or up front payments. You decide when you would like a box shipped to you and you can cancel your account at any time.
Another added perk is if you refer a friend to join Flip, you will earn a $10 credit once they sign up and start voting on the app.
My Overall Thoughts
I’d say majority of the items in my Flip box came from the items I added to “My closet” in the app so I was very pleased. Out of the 12 items only 2 pairs of shorts didn’t fit. To be fair, I could be one of two sizes when it comes to denim bottoms. It depends on the brand. But luckily there was a third pair of shorts (pictured above), that fit like a glove. Needless to say I decided to purchase these. I always struggle finding shorts I like so when I find them, I jump at the chance to buy them.
Since everything else in my box fit, I had a hard time deciding what to purchase and what to return. In the end I ended up purchasing the Papermoon top (yes I bought ANOTHER white top) and the Le Lis bodysuit. I figured you can never go wrong adding some more basics to your closet.
The return was also very easy! You can pay a small fee to have the box picked up from your home, but I live down the street from a UPS store so it was easy for me to drop it off. When you originally receive the box they include a return label for you and the box has a handle on it which makes it super easy to carry.
I took some pictures of my favorite items from my Flip box. These images are also saved on my profile on the app where you can follow me under the username “kelleyannegibson.”
Think you will give Flip a try?