Taking a turn with my Wedding Outfit Inspo (WOI) series and focusing on the wedding guest today! With wedding season ramping up in May, I know I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect dresses. So far I have a black tie, a black tie preferred, and a formal wedding to plan my outfits around. I’m sure I’m not the only one attending weddings this spring and summer. So as I’ve started browsing my go-to shops for wedding guest dresses, I’ve decided to include some of my topic picks here to help spark some inspo!
In case you missed my other posts in this series, I’m sharing outfit inspo for brides-be-be for their bachelorettes, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, honeymoon, bridal accessories, and engagement photo shoot.
Where to shop for Wedding Guest Dresses?
There are so many places to consider when shopping for a wedding guest dress! So here are just a bunch of shops I tend to browse when shopping for a wedding guest outfit myself:
White Tie Weddings
A white tie wedding is the most formal attire possible. Women should wear a formal floor-length evening gown while men wear a tuxedo with tails, a formal white shirt, white vest and bow tie, and white or gray gloves.
- Melora Navy Blue Sleeveless Maxi Dress
- Sequin Draped-Back Dress
- Leilani Formal One-Shoulder Open Back Dress
- Off-The-Shoulder Satin Gown
- Lynne Black Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress
- Everly Formal Sleeveless Glitter Mermaid Dress
- Hopeful Romantic Hunter Green Lace Mermaid Maxi Dress
- Olivia Formal Off The Shoulder Crepe Dress
Black Tie Weddings
Up next you have black tie weddings where women wear a formal floor-length gown and men wear a tuxedo.
- Badgley Mischka Floral One Shoulder Gown
- Jordan Ruched Side Slit Gown
- Shoshanna Ellis Ruggled Gown
- Ulla Johnson Adelina Maxi
- Constance Formal High Slit Mermaid Dress
- Daya Crepe Wrap Skirt Dress
- Song of Love Navy Blue Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress
- Party in Palm Springs Pink Floral Print Satin Tiered Maxi Dress
Formal or Black Tie Optional Weddings
A formal or black tie option wedding is less formal than a black tie wedding. Women should wear a floor-length gown, a fancy cocktail dress, or a dressy pantsuit. Men may wear a tuxedo if they would like (although it is not required) or they can wear a formal dark suit, white shirt, and tie.
- Dress the Population Tiffany Sheath
- Reinette Dark Green Midi Dress
- I Can’t Resist Black Lace Midi Dress
- Ruffle-Detail Gown
- All I Need Grey Floral Print Lace-Up Maxi Dress
- Thoughts of Hue Blush Surplice Maxi Dress
- Garden Meandering Lavender Floral Print Maxi Dress
- Always Wanting You Black Jumpsuit
Cocktail weddings seem to be the popular dress code choice for most weddings. Women can choose a tea-length, knee-length, or midi dress for the occasion while men can wear a suit and tie.
- Brunch-Ready Floral Midi Dress
- Likely Light Blue Driggs Dress
- Cinq à Sept Salina Dress
- Dash Away All Champagne Maxi Dress
- Likely Fuchsia Cassidy Dress
- ASTR Gaia Dress
- Lina Lace Cocktail Dress
- Sau Lee Polka Dot Lucy Dress
Semi-Formal or Dressy Casual Weddings
For a semi-formal or dressy casual wedding, what you wear will depend on the time of day the wedding is at. If you’re attending a daytime wedding, consider lighter colors and fabrics while at an evening wedding, consider darker colors. For this, women can opt for a below-the-knee dress or dressy skirt and top combo. Men should wear a dress shirt and slacks with a tie being optional.
- Tanya Taylor Cynthia Dress
- Summer at the Seaside Coral Pink Tie-Dye Ruffled Midi Dress
- Alexia Admor Liv Floral Ruffle Midi Dress
- Hutch Printed Leona Dress
- Floral Dressed Up Royal Blue Floral Print Midi Dress
- Floral Long Sleeve Midi Dress
- Lace Midi Dress
- Layla Mustard Yellow Satin Off-the-Shoulder Wrap Dress
I hope this wedding guest outfit inspo post helped spark some inspo for any spring and summer weddings you may have on your social calendar! Share below if you have any go-to stores to shop for you wedding guest dresses that I might not have included in this post.